900 Rainier Ave
Seattle, WA 98144
Mon-Fri 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sat-Sun 11:00 am – 2:00 am
20815 67th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Tue-Sun 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
After having Peruvian chicken in the DC area I remembered we also have a really good place in Seattle. San Fernando Roasted Peruvian Chicken in the Rainier/MLK area just outside of the International District is Seattle’s answer to Peruvian food. All of the other Peruvian restaurants I’ve been to focus the menu on the roasted chicken. Here at San Fernando they have roasted chicken also but its the other items that I would keep coming back for. A lot of the food is a mix of Asian and Hispanic food (including the Arroz con Pollo and the Tallarin Saltado listed below). So far I’ve tried the following items:
- Papas Rellenas – which is mashed potatoes stuffed with seasoned meat, formed in the shape of a mini football, and than fried. Papas Rellenas is good for a very filling appetizer.
- Arroz con Pollo – which is quarter chicken with seasoned rice (taste kind of like curry fried rice). My favorite at this place!
- Tallarin Saltado – is a sort of like a Peruvian chow mein, spaghetti noodles fried with chicken, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Arroz Chaufa – Peruvian fried rice! Don’t order this expecting Chinese fried rice. There are similarities for sure but there are different seasoning used in this fried rice. I really like the huge chunks of chicken and the moistness of the rice but come here with an open mind and try it yourself.
- Lomo Saltaldo – Fries and white rice with sauteed beef, red onions, and red peppers. Sounds simple but it is seasoned amazingly well.
Notes – Come here ready to eat with your fat pants. They really load up on food here. Also, don’t forget to try both the sauces. Both add a little something special to the food. If you can’t do spicy avoid the orange one, it’s habanero.
Update – I finally had a chance to get back to the Lynnwood location and get a few pictures of the place. The food is exactly the same as the Rainier location but a tad bit more expensive (about a dollar).
Seattle (Rainier) Location:
Yelp – 4.0/5.0 (53 Reviews)
Yelp – 4.0/5.0 (51 Reviews)